Facial Fillers Specialist Questions and Answers
Facial Fillers are a safe, easy and effective way to restore volume to the face and minimize or even erase wrinkles. Get a facial rejuvenation treatment by experienced professionals at Synergy. For more information, call us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 105-3960 Quadra Street Victoria BC V8X 4A3 Canada.
Table of Contents:
- Smooth out lines around nose and mouth (a.k.a. marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses)
- Enhance & restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples.
- Diminish vertical lip lines.
- Plump & enhance the lips.
- Smooth out a chin crease.
- Improve symmetry among facial features.
Facial fillers are a treatment used for the reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. The procedure involves having a substance injected into the target areas of the face to fill out the skin where wrinkles have formed, causing it to appear flatter and smoother with wrinkles minimized if not smoothed out completely depending on the severity of the creases. There are several different brands of facial fillers on the market today, which are made up of different substances. Each brand or type of facial filler is well suited to a different area of the face for treatment and will provide their own unique results. The results will vary by individual but also by the type of facial filler chosen and the area of the face it is being used on. Your medical professional can help you understand which option may be best suited for you based on the area of your face you are looking to treat, how mild or severe your wrinkles are, what other treatments you have tried and what your budget for treatment is, among other factors for consideration.
The longevity of the filler is going to be dependent on several different factors. Each person is unique in their needs and also in how their body responds to treatment. What works for one person may not produce the same, or even mildly similar, results for someone else. The type of filler being used and the area of the face it is used on will also be contributing factors to how long the filler will last for. Some facial fillers such as hyaluronic acid fillers typically last anywhere from six months to a year. Other fillers such as calcium hydroxylapatite or Poly-L-lactic acid can last for two to three years. And still others, such as permanent soft tissue filler can be permanent due to the body’s inability to absorb the filler.
There are multiple different types of facial fillers that can be used based on the area of your face being treated, how long you want the results to last and the condition of your skin.
• Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most common types of fillers and are made up of a substance that our bodies create naturally. Hyaluronic acid is a component naturally found in the skin’s connective tissue. Results using this type of filler can last from six months up to a year.
• Calcium hydroxylapatite is used for treating skin folds and deeper wrinkles, as well as restoring volume in the cheeks and contouring the jawline. For wrinkle treatment, results can last up to three years.
• Poly-L-lactic acid usually requires two to three injections for final results in the treatment of restoring volume to the face that has been lost due to illness or aging. Results can last up to two years.
• Permanent soft tissue filler is a permanent filler that doesn’t require reinjection because the body can’t absorb it and break it down. This filler is used around the mouth to smooth out deep wrinkles.
Your medical professional can help you figure out which of these fillers is best for your individual needs, as well as any risks associated with them.
Fillers have multiple benefits, depending on the type of filler and the area being treated. Our team of healthcare professionals at Synergy Anti-Aging are here to show you the benefits of fillers. Some of them use a substance that is naturally produced by our bodies such as hyaluronic acid, greatly reducing the risk of an adverse reaction to the injection. Facial fillers tend to last longer than most anti-aging treatments, with some facial fillers lasting up to 3 years. Fillers provide almost instant results to the treated area with minimal downtime and side effects so you can feel comfortable and confident with your fresh, youthful looking face almost immediately after treatment.
If you want to know more about services, then call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve clients from Victoria BC, Oak Bay BC, Esquimalt BC, View Royal BC, Saanich BC, Cordova Bay BC, and Langford BC.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Brain Health
▸ Endor Medical Skin Products
▸ Facial Fillers
▸ Hair Restoration
▸ Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
▸ Integrative Medicine Consultation
▸ IV Vitamin Therapy
▸ Lip Fillers
▸ Microneedling for Face
▸ Microneedling for Hair
▸ Microneedling Treatment
▸ Microneedling with Regeneration Techniques
▸ Micronutrient Testing
▸ NAD Therapy
▸ Organ Health
▸ Regeneration Techniques