Benefits of Lip Fillers in Victoria BC
Restore lost volume in your lips and add more symmetry and definition to your facial features. At Synergy Anti-Aging, our team of experienced professionals can help you achieve the aesthetic you’re looking for. We’re committed to helping you feel beautiful and confident, providing the highest level of care as soon as you walk through our doors. Contact us today for more information about our lip filler procedure or book in for an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 105-3960 Quadra Street Victoria, BC V8X 4A3 Canada!
Table of Contents:
What are the benefits of lip fillers?
How long do lip fillers last?
How often do lip fillers need to be done?
What are the pros and cons of lip fillers?
Lip fillers are a popular cosmetic procedure where dermal fillers are used to add volume to the lips. It is a completely safe procedure that only takes 15-30 minutes to perform and requires no downtime, making it a popular option for those looking for noticeable changes without having to undergo surgery.
As we age, our lips may get smaller and thinner and the distance between the corners of our mouths may increase. Lip fillers restore or enhance the plumpness and size of the lips which is a desirable aesthetic for many. They can also reduce the distance between the groove of your upper lip and nose, which is an area that tends to lengthen as natural volume fades.
• In addition to this, lip fillers also provide the following benefits:
• Correcting asymmetrical lip shape
• Smoothing wrinkles around the lips and corners of the mouth
• Boosting confidence by giving patients the personal aesthetic they desire
The results of lip fillers are immediately observable. However, initial swelling can make the result look more pronounced than it actually is. It typically takes 1-2 weeks for the swelling to reduce and for the dermal filler to settle. Once this happens, you’ll be able to view the desired result.
The effects of lip fillers are temporary and typically last between 6-18 months. This depends on the type of filler that is used, as well as your age as dermal fillers are metabolized faster in patients that are younger. Genetics, smoking, and sun damage can also affect how long dermal fillers last.
To keep your desired volume, you’ll need to schedule routine follow-up appointments when the results begin to fade.
Lip fillers typically last between 6-18 months, depending on the type of filler that is used and your age. Younger clients typically metabolize dermal fillers faster which often means they require touch-ups sooner rather than later. Lifestyle factors can also play a part in how long your lip filler lasts, as sun exposure and smoking tend to quicken the rate of deterioration.
Generally speaking, you can get additional lip injection treatments done as soon as your lips have recovered from the initial injection. This usually takes a minimum of 3 months.
Before booking for additional treatments, always talk with your lip injection specialist about what is right for you, your lips, and your personal aesthetic goals. A good specialist will tailor your treatment to suit your needs and provide the best, longest-lasting results.
As with any procedure, lip fillers have their pros and cons which are important to consider before scheduling treatment. The advantages of lip filler treatment are:
• They can return the volume to your lips that was previously diminished by age, genetics, smoking, and/or sun damage.
• Both dermal fillers and the injecting process are safe. There is a very low risk of any complications or side effects.
• No downtime. Treatment can be completed over the course of a single 15–30-minute session and no bed rest is required.
• They can boost self-esteem by giving you an aesthetic that you love.
• They’re completely reversible. If you don’t like how your lips look after treatment, your specialist can dissolve the lip filler. This will quickly return your lips to their natural state.
While lip injections are FDA approved and safe, they may pose risks to some patients. These risks include:
• Pain, discomfort, and/or bleeding around the injection sites.
• Reactivation of cold sores and canker sores.
• Discoloration around the lips.
• Tenderness and sensitivity around the injection areas.
• Tissue death. This can happen if lip filler is injected around or into an artery.
• Lip asymmetry.
• Migration of the filler into other areas of the face.
Lip fillers should always be injected by a healthcare professional who can walk you through the treatment process, and aftercare, and answer any questions that you may have. For treatment that you can trust, contact the experts at Synergy Anti-Aging. Our team of specialists is highly skilled and knowledgeable in providing lip filler treatment that will give you the aesthetic you’re looking for. Reach out today or book online – we’re ready to get started when you are! We serve clients from Victoria, BC, Oak Bay BC, Saanich BC, Langford BC, Colwood BC, Duncan BC, Royal Oak BC, and Esquimalt BC.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Brain Health
▸ Endor Medical Skin Products
▸ Facial Fillers
▸ Hair Restoration
▸ Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
▸ Integrative Medicine Consultation
▸ IV Vitamin Therapy
▸ Lip Fillers
▸ Microneedling for Face
▸ Microneedling for Hair
▸ Microneedling Treatment
▸ Microneedling with Regeneration Techniques
▸ Micronutrient Testing
▸ NAD Therapy
▸ Organ Health
▸ Regeneration Techniques